What are the things that you love the most about your job and what keeps you motivated for so long in your job?
I am sharing few of my views on this, read and let me know how much you agree to my points.
For me doing job was a piece of cake, it was a dream, a bed of roses, like coming to office gossiping and then going back to home. Everything was perfect and happy but then life happened. Bubble of my dreams just burst, life gave me a makeup call. The life took me by surprise and the things I faced were funny and learning curve was always there so even at my low points I was somehow high.
Lets being with the roller coaster ride of life and journey which might help you too with the struggle you are going through. Let’s just forget about the educational background for a while just don’t consider the fact, cause these days mostly people are doing odd jobs, not having an opportunity to work in their respected field. So yeah! Ignore this fact for a while.
Why did I say that life took me by surprise is because I wanted to do a job in my own field but I wasn’t able to get an opportunity to do so, I did odd jobs and I learnt a lot, and now I love what I do!
Before starting a profession every one has some dreams and some expectations of getting popular and going everything perfectly, being most popular and on top, but when its your first job it doesn’t always go on like this. Failure happens to. Its part of life. And that’s when your bubble burst.
It was my first job, first experience, in a call center where you have to take back to back calls, have to deal customer on calls, which is a tough job, because you don’t know about the customers temperament. You have to be very polite and vigilant while interacting with the customers and so on. I really didn’t love that job because that job was all about voice quality, but I learnt a lot from that job. Like how to be courteous, how to control all kind of emotions and what not.
My learning curve doesn’t end there. I wanted to learn more, so I switched. My other job which I hated initially was in a startup which again taught me so*3 many things which I am now grateful of.
List of things I learnt and loved in my journey are as follows:
1. Courtesy: being polite in your job is important and my experience taught me this which I love the most
2. Not being judgmental on the first look: my job teaches me how things can go out of your hand if you judge things at first look. You need to be really quiet and a person like me who is talkative it was the most tough thing to do. So, yeah again it is something I really love to learn and still love to learn how to be quite on most cling things.
3. Fast lane and slow lane: how to be in fast lane and how to be in slow lane, confused? Your job teaches you when and where to be the fast lane person and where and when to be a slow lane person.
4. I love that where ever I worked it was not only a work place but also a home, a place where I feel safe and happy, totally unknown people became family, while leaving them makes us sort of crying.
5. Feeling liberty of taking risks and exploring out things on your own while knowing that you have expert people behind you who won’t let you fall.
6. Surrounded by people who are positive, helpful, educated makes you feel in power of learning so much that you almost feel you are in an ocean of skill set persons.
7. The feeling of freedom while learning so much, I am able to use my skills and knowledge as well as push myself in areas that I am unsure of myself.
8. Everyday a new challenge faced by us whether as a team or as an individual its love, you don’t feel bored at all, it makes a job more exciting.
I have shared few of my points which made me love my job with all my heart and soul with all the good and bad days. You can also share few of your points, or at least comment us to let us know about your visions, do you agree or not. Was it helpful or not?
Also, you can write us at email@example.com, which we will be reading and publishing with your name on our page.